7th National Ecumencial Aged Care Chaplains Conference
The 7th National Ecumenical Aged Care Chaplains' Conference was held from Monday 22nd to Thursday 25th October at the Merroo Conference CentreKurrajong.
Thetheme was:"The Pastoral Consolation - Sitting with Exiles: Ministry with people experiencing relocation, isolation and desolation".
The conference was supported and organised by UnitingCare Ageing.
Speakers who contributed:
Papers and presentations provided:
- Michael Barbato - The Caring Odyssey and The Dying Odyssey
- Ruth Bright - Christmas and Later Life and Music and Worship
- Canon Michael Butler - Visiting in Prison - Meet the Hobbits
- Jeffrey Cohen - Ministry with Victims 1 and Ministry with Victims 2
- Graeme Garrett - The Angel of Death is Covered with Eyes
- Libby Hindmarsh - First Session and Case Studies
- Mary Pearson - Absence and Presence
- Les Underwood - Lamentations Reflection 1, Reflection 2 and Reflection 3
- Music Booklet
A full Evaluation Report on the conference:
Audio CDs of the main sessions are available for $10.00 each:
Pastoral Care Service Brochure
UnitingCare Ageing is committed to offering pastoral care and chaplaincy to residents, clients, families, volunteers and staff, as an expression of its holistic care for people.
Download the brochure - PDF 3.5mB
To order a copy